NEUROPRISON

One Starving Day, (Napoli)

« Older   Newer »
Edvard
view post Posted on 27/5/2009, 17:07

BIOGRAPHY
The Italian avant/cosmic-doom/core band is back with another monstrous release. Although the band has always been rooted in its hardcore attitude, its sound has continuously evolved during these years and Atlas Coelestis is just the outcome of this process.
Since the beginning of their decennial career, One Starving Day impact has always been definitely dark and claustrophobic, and their long suites alternate between hardcore/doom basic structures, cosmic openings, and deep and calm intimacy. Following the wide positive comments about their first album, Broken Wings Lead Arms to the Sun (PLANARIA RECORDINGS, KNVBI RECORDS), the band has been described as a hybrid between Neurosis and GSYBE!.
For this new release, called Atlas Coelestis, the band evolves towards a more personal song writing in order to design more particular musical landscapes. Atlas Coelestis sounds like a very particular mixture of sounds. Explosions of analogue synths, mystical patterns of harmonium and organ, fierce vocals full of anguish, delicate cellos patterns, eschatological tapes and samples, a solid rhythmic session, melodic and powerful guitars, they all characterize the complex sound of this album. The result is an amazing avant-gardist mixture of different codes ranging from hardcore/doom to krautrock and contemporary music.
Atlas Coelestis will be released in September of 2009 by BETA-LACTAM RING RECORDS (CD version) and NARSHARDAA.RECORDS (Vinyl version).

Discography:
-The Emo Diaries Chapter 7, Me Against The World Deep Elm Records
-Broken Wings Lead Arms to The Sun, CD, Planaria Recordings
-The Silent Ballet Compilation Series Volume V: I Let My Fears Get the Best of Me
-Broken Wings Lead Arms to The Sun, Vinyl, KNVBI Records
-Neurosounds Vol.1: Stones From The Sky

LINEUP
Pasquale Foresti: Bass, Vocals, Mellotron
Marco Milucci: Guitar, Harmonium.
Francesco Gregoretti: Drums
Andrea Bocchetti: Guitar.
Dario Foresti: Farfisa, Synths, Vocoder, Harmonium

CONTACTS
www.onestarvingday.com
www.myspace.com/onestarvingday

0 replies since 27/5/2009, 17:07   327 views